How do we handle your data?
ASMGi is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
By using the ASMGi websites, products or online services, you consent to the collection and use of the Personal Information as described here. “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, location data, user IDs and passwords, or payment information (e.g., credit card number, billing information). It may also include work information such as job title, industry, and other business or company information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. We may ask for your national identity number and other data to process your credit or financing request.
2. Information We Collect
- We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our websites or applications;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers, training or information;
- Register for events or webinars;
- Create and manage an account;
- Participate in surveys or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Provide a testimonial;
- Subscribe to newsletters, ASMGi programs, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us.
To offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with ASMGi, information collected through one source may be combined with information ASMGi obtains through public sources. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customized profiles about you.
We may automatically collect behavioral and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with ASMGi websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: page-view information from some business partners with which we operate co-branded services or joint offerings, and credit history information. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products and services to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
3. How We Use Personal Information
ASMGi may use your Personal Information to:
- Process your purchase orders and deliver the products, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site;
- Diagnose problems with our websites, products and services, and to administer our websites;
- Contact you, and provide you with information about your transaction status including order confirmations, billing or payment, expiration of your maintenance fee, specific ASMGi programs in which you have chosen to participate, products, and services available from ASMGi, events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website, including ASMGi newsgroups and blogs;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products and services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Personalize content, create personal profile areas, view protected content and implement your preferences;
- Meet our contractual obligations and enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts with you;
- Prevent fraud, software piracy, and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our customers as well as ASMGi; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- For compliance with a contractual obligation. We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your Personal Information.
- For compliance with ASMGi’ legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, taxation and anti-money laundering laws).
- ASMGi’ (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
- If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at privacy@ASMGi.com.
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, for as long as your account is active, and in accordance with applicable law.
ASMGi may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within the ASMGi group and/or to Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which ASMGi or its subsidiaries, affiliates or Business Partners are active. To provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, affiliates and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
4. Data Sharing
We may share your Personal Information with ASMGi subsidiaries or Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries) more responsive to your needs. Our subsidiaries and/or Business Partners may contact you with information about ASMGi, and ASMGi-branded products, services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with ASMGi subsidiaries and Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by ASMGi.
In addition, ASMGi may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sale agents and channel partners, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for ASMGi products and services.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if ASMGi (or a part of ASMGi) is sold or merges with another company or if we sell a ASMGi website, product or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company; or if ASMGi reasonably believes it is necessary to protect ASMGi, its customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
5. Data Access
ASMGi wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or edit your Personal Information please contact us at privacy@ASMGi.com.
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- You have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- You have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions). • You have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- You have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law. If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to privacy@ASMGi.com or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
6. Selecting Your Communication
Preferences You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from ASMGi by indicating your preferences. You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications or newsletters about our products and services or you can email us at privacy@ASMGi.com to opt-out of allowing us to create a customized profile about you.
Any marketing by ASMGi, or any third parties on behalf of ASMGi, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences. Please allow up to 8 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
7. ASMGi’s Approach to Security and Privacy
ASMGi takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from ASMGi asking for your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and ASMGi cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information.
8. Targeted Display Advertising by ASMGi and Others
Some marketing you receive may be personalized based on your visits to ASMGi.com and your browsing history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view on ASMGi.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
ASMGi or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others’ email messages. Similarly, third parties whose content or advertisements appear at ASMGi.com, or whose email of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, messages ASMGi.com sends to our users, may also place web beacons in their advertisements or email messages for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of the content, advertisements or email messages.
9. Social Media Features
10. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that ASMGi provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to ASMGi.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
11. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
12. Contacting Us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at privacy@ASMGi.com or write to us at the following address:
ASMGi 800 Superior Ave E
Suite 1050 Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Effective Date: August 14, 2018